On Marriage
Through 'On Marriage', I felt that this chapter was perfectly explained. Even though this was a short chapter, I feel that the author was very concise. My favorite line was, "Love one another, but not make a bond of love; Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls."I like this line because marriage between two people shouldn't feel smothered but the two people should come together but not be the same person. I also liked the line, "Fill each other's cup but not drink from one cup." I liked this line because I feel this defines the two people coming together but not being one. I think people get lost in marriage when they become the same person because they become too much alike, which causes friction. Marriage should be a two way street that never ends, it shouldn't become a one-way street with curves and turns.
image from:http://afeatheradrift.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/marriage-2.jpg
Amirah this is very well written. A lot is said in such a short passage. You did very well conveying how you felt about the marriage passage. Great Job
ReplyDeleteWOWWW! That was beautiful! Do you want to be married? It's a beautiful thing. You had just creative and descriptive writing. I enjoyed reading this
ReplyDeleteI felt the need at this end of this you should have rhymed... besides that it was really good. i enjoyed hearing this.
ReplyDelete