Tuesday, November 9, 2010

On Time

I liked 'On Time' because I feel that we live our lives through time and that's what the chapter explained. "Yet the timeless in you is aware of life's timelessness" (83). I feel like this line shows that no matter what, you are affected by time. Time surrounds us everyday and without it, the world would be chaos. Time is in place to set structure for society but to also explain why it is dark at 4:30 pm in the winter and light at 6:00 am in the summer. My favorite line was. "And knows that yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream" (83). This line reminded me of the saying, "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."This line really spoke to me because we are always taught to take advantage of the moment and I'm not sure how that ties into time but I know that I try to live each day in the moment, but I find myself still trapped by time, looking at my watch, then continuing to look at my watch every minute as if some significant amount of time has passed. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with living in the moment. You are definitely the type to live in the moment. Yesterday is a memory we can not change but tomorrow is something new to look forward too. Everyday before bed I think " tomorrow is new day to try and get closer to Amirah, maybe it'll actually work"

    ReplyDelete