My favorite line is, "For to be idle is to become a stranger unto the seasons, and to step out of life's procession that marches in majesty and proud submission towards the infinite." I liked this line because I feel that being unproductive is being worthless. Without work, the world wouldn't function and people would be bored. Personally, I like to work and I think if I were to be idle, I would be bored with life.
I think it's interesting that Gibran said, "Then a ploughman said," as if he were alluding to a poor-man asking about the truth about working. It seemed a little weird.
Another line that I really like is, "Work is love made visible," which affirms my point of loving what you do. If everyone in the world loved the work they did, everyone would be much happier, and maybe the world would be a better place.
No comments:
Post a Comment