I liked 'On Pleasure' because when people think of pleasure, it's usually thought of as something sexual, when in fact it's not, and this chapter explained that. The line that explained this was, "Some of your youth seek pleasure as if it were all, and they are judged and rebuked" (94). I liked this line because I felt that teens only act sometimes for pleasure, without thinking, and end up with consequences like unplanned pregnancies. A lot of youth act on impulse instead of thinking, which is why we're often times labeled "hard-headed," [well I know I am :)].
Another line that I liked was "But regret is the beclouding of the mind and not its chastisement" (95). I liked this line because we all regret things we've done in our life, but it's better to learn from your mistakes than to let your thoughts take over and cloud your mind with the thought of regret.
No comments:
Post a Comment