On Giving
I liked 'On Giving' as well because it just defined giving perfectly. I liked the lines, "It is when you give of yourself that you truly give," and "There are those who give little of the much which they have -- and they give it for recognition." I liked this chapter because I feel that people do give just to give and there is no reason behind the giving. However, people that give honestly, are the ones who appreciate life. The rest of the chapter went on to talk about receiving gifts. Receiving something doesn't bring much joy than giving. People that give their life to something I think is important because people should give without even thinking twice. Like this image, people are giving back to the world and I think it is people like this who make the world go round.
image from:http://law.wm.edu/admissions/blog/images/giving_back_web.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment