I liked ‘On Crime and Punishment’ because I found that I could relate to what they were saying. My favorite line was, “If any of you would bring to judgment the unfaithful wife, let him also weigh the heart of her husband in scales, and measure his soul with measurements” (57). I liked this line because I feel that there is a reason for everything, and in this case the unfaithful wife may have cheated because her husband was not doing something right, so she sought elsewhere for what was missing. That does not necessarily make it right, but there was a reason for it. This was the theme throughout the chapter; you cannot blame the guilty without first looking at the actions of the victim. In a normal world, this does not happen, because if you’re guilty, you’re guilty, but you are innocent until proven guilty. image from: flickr
No comments:
Post a Comment