Tuesday, November 9, 2010
On Friendship
When I read 'On Friendship,' I couldn't help but think of all of those old tales that talk about a friend, or those cheesy images that explain what a real friend is. I liked this chapter because it did all of those, but in a concise manner. There was no cheesiness, or outdatedness. My favorite line was, "For you come to him with your hunger, and you seek him for peace" (78). I liked this line because it shows that you can go to a friend for all of your problems and they have the answers. I think it's kind of weird that people do that because it's almost as if they always know the answers to all of your problems and then you ask yourself, "Well if there was always an answer to all of my problems, then why do they exist?" Then you realize, that without them, there would be no calling your best friend late at night asking him/her a problem solving question because they are always there, and always will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with this post so much! I go to my friends to or answers sometimes too. Sometimes it's hard actually consider going to them
ReplyDeleteBut you always know they will have something for you