Meditation Date 9/14
Since this was my first time meditating, I kind of found it a little funny at first just because I felt like my body couldn't do those kind of things, like the breathing exercises. It felt funny to actually control my breath, which for me isn't normal, so I tried my best to really get into it. I think I need more experience with that exercise because I don't think I really got something out of the exercise since it was my first one.
However, I can say that I loved the sleeping exercise that we did (I'm blanking on the name) except we didn't really sleep. I really felt that after a while my body got so comfortable that it felt that I wasn't even there anymore. It was a nice feeling for me but I know my body wasn't used to it because every so often my arm, leg, or hand would suddenly twitch as if to bring my body back to life, but then I would fall back deeply into this "fake sleep" although it happened again five minutes later. I think I really got a lot out of that exercise and I felt new when I sat up.
Even though this wasnt my first meditation I feel the same way about being able to drop into the exercise. I think that everything that you realized a lot of good things after being in the class just one day.
ReplyDelete