Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Honors Prompt 3

I think Gilbert has a clever way of writing. I love that she uses similes and metaphors and often compares everything. I love the use of similes and metaphors because I think when Gilbert compares things, they’re end up being something we can relate to. I think she writes differently in each chapter so it’s hard to say that she has a certain writing style. In “Italy,” she is explaining her life story to the readers; so it is a lot of her own personal writing. In “India,” she is using her spiritual experience and often is explaining a lot of yoga terms to the readers so it seems more informational.


I don’t think I would really use her style of writing because I don’t think I have what it takes. I think she’s an amazing writer but in order to write about your life, a lot needs to have been experienced in life, and I don’t think I have what it takes. I think Gilbert’s style of writing is related to her experiences and I think I need to experience life a bit more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment