Monday, September 20, 2010

Prompt 6



Hearing this definition if a soul mate, makes me re-think what I had previously thought about a soul mate. I had thought that a soul mate was one who I met and immediately fell in love with stayed with for the rest of my life. Also, I believed that this person was going to be someone that I fell in love with or made me fall in love with them because of their powerful attraction to me. However, after hearing Richard from Texas's perspective on soul mates, I think that soul mates are meant to come into your life, show the real you, and then leave, but hopefully not forever. If I met my soul mate and he/she left me, I would be devastated. I do not consider my soul mate to be someone that I love in an intimate way, but rather just someone that I love.
I think my boss this summer was my soul mate. Not only did she help me realize the true potential that I have, but she helped me open up and not be afraid of my true self. I truly think that she came into life to show me who I really am. She did not leave my life, she’s still there but I do not work at the magazine anymore. I don’t really think she was my mirror because she didn’t directly show me who I am through her own actions but rather led me to know the type of person I can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment