Monday, September 20, 2010

Prompt 8

To me, Richard from Texas was like Gilbert’s soul mate. His words guided her throughout her stay in India and showed her the right path. And this passage is no different, he tells her "if you can't master your thinking, you're in deep trouble forever." This is something that Gilbert uses throughout the book and Richard from Texas just let her in on a little bit of his insight. 
“If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind.” I love this line because I believer that we as humans have total control over all of our actions whether they are good or bad but if we work on the mind, we can control everything for the better. Sometimes I think we let our actions control mind, which lead to false judgment. I think we have the power to control our actions through our positive thoughts; there could be a lot of changes made to our lives. We wouldn’t do bad things because our mind compels us to think about doing good. This is kind of like prompt #7, and how Gilbert had to tell herself to enjoy what she was doing. I feel that if we tell ourselves a certain thing over and over again, we can start to believe it. If we keep telling ourselves positive thoughts, we will be able to believe them and in the long run, be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment