Monday, October 4, 2010

Prompt 14


During Sunday’s meditation, I was a little sick so it was hard for me to get into the breathing. I started out by sitting on a big pillow from my living room and straightening my back, just like we do in class. Instead of using music, I tried to do silent meditation. At first, it was very hard to get into the meditation because I usually try to focus on my breath but I couldn’t this time because I could barely breathe out of my nose. I kept trying to breathe out of my nose but it just wasn’t working; all I could hear was snot as I exhaled. So I decided to keep breathing for a little while longer and then try the meditation that helps you breathe. I held my right nostril for four seconds and inhaled through my left nostril, held both nostrils for two seconds, then breathed out through the right nostril for four seconds. I was doing this for about 3 minutes when I sort of felt my nose clear up a little bit. I got really happy during the meditation so I started doing it faster for some reason but I didn’t want to force it so I stopped and I continued on with my regular breathing. I think this was a very successful meditation. Even though the congestion came back an hour later, it still felt good to know that meditation could help cure something as simple and a stuffed nose. I tried to do the same thing again two hours later and it didn’t work. I wasn’t that upset because knowing that it had worked once, worked for me.


image from:http://i.ehow.com/images/a04/j2/9a/treat-stuffy-nose-200X200.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment