On Monday, I wanted to meditate before I did my homework. I thought it would be a good idea to get in the zone before I do homework because I was really tired. I decided there would be no music and no meditation to clear my nose, but just simple meditation. I started my using the same pillow, I used for Sunday’s meditation and I sat in my kitchen. The reason for this is that my mother had been cooking and the kitchen was filled with delicious smells. I sat literally in the middle of the kitchen surrounded by the wall, the refrigerator, the stove, and the sink. Even though my nose was still clogged, I started with my regular breath. “Inhale, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, exhale, 1, 2, 3, inhale, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, exhale, 1, 2, 3, inhale, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, exhale, 1, 2, 3.” I continued this pattern for another five minutes and I let my breath control my meditation. This time, there were no wandering thoughts, just the intake of the smell of food. I loved meditating in the kitchen because usually I do everything in my room, so this was the chance to get out and actually do something outside of my comfort zone, literally. It was a good experience meditating for those 10 minutes on the floor in the kitchen. I would definitely do it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment