So today I decided to meditate after my final dance performance. I thought it would be a good idea to take the time and reflect not only on the performance but also on my 12 years of dancing. I started the meditation by putting on some meditation music that I found on Google and letting the music fill my head and control my thoughts. I admit it was a bit weird meditating on my own and without the sound of Ms. Ahktar’s voice, but I had to manage. In the beginning, my thoughts started to wander aimlessly and I found the meditation wasn’t really working, so I decided to focus on my breath. “Inhale, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, exhale, 1, 2, 3, inhale, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, exhale, 1, 2, 3, inhale, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, exhale, 1, 2, 3.” I let the counts of my breath control my thoughts and I found my inner self started to sink deeply into the meditation. I completely immersed myself into my breath and everything became steady. Once I knew that the meditation was working, I kept breathing for another five minutes. I slowly came out of the meditation and I opened my eyes very slowly. After meditating I sat on the floor for a while and just thought about dance, and realized how far I’ve come since I started dancing when I was five. The show was a lot of fun and I know I’m going to miss it. And just how you start off meditating, you’re not really a pro until you keep practicing, I started off dancing, and overtime, I’ve grown and grown into a beautiful dancer.
image from:http://tothepc.com/pic/Female-dancing-silhouette-icons.png
No comments:
Post a Comment